Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pre-amp signal on an Eden-

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey ho and lets go people...

My parents are considering lending me about 250 to help me get a Carvin DCM1000. (School,3-4 practices a week, Bass lessons, 1-2 gigs a week, I'm kinda busy for a job). So I get a job in the summer, and work it off. Nice folks, hu? They are only willing to pony up, because they're gonna help my bro w/ pilot/flying lessons.

Now, this based on the strength of the statement that at the volume I play (loud) I drive the power section to clipping, which is dangerous for the speakers of my cab. And it is! So the extra power lets me get loud w/o the clipping issues.

Anyway (am I rambling or what?)! I have a Eden WT-300, which has a Direct Record (DI?) XLR out, which lets me use the pre-amp only. Now, I heard once that the signal might not be enought to "trip" a power amp. And, Eden doesn't supply that sort of info on the website, and they are a little hard to get ahold of, so, can anyone verify this? Or is the signal strong enough to be of use on the poweramp?

Thanks.

2. Well i don't know if it will or won't be loud enough, but i've read on some Eden literature to use the effects send when you want to send out the preamp signal to another poweramp.

EDIT: I think it was Eden literature, though my memory may just be failing me.