1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pre-amps: Glockenklang vs. Bartolini

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kwesi, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Glockenklang

21 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Bartolini

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. I'm thinking about a new preamp for one of my basses and i've narrowed my choices down to these two. I've heard good things about both but that in some cases the Bartolini pre-amps can be somewhat lifeless. Between the two which do you guys think i should go with? I know that the preamp isn't supposed to influence the tone so much but just as a reference i'm looking for a sound similar to Tom Kennedy's or Victor Wooten's. Thanks.

2. jzbass6

jzbass6 One Nation Under A Groove

I'm also interested in the Glockenklang pre, has anyone in this forum had any expereince with it?
    Thanks

3. Bardley

Bardley

Nov 16, 2007
    Louisville, KY
  4. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Guys, check out the Roscoe Forum we have been discussing the preamp choices over there.

5. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I just installed a Glock, and it is sweet. The lows are pillowy and fat, the mids are in a good cutting range without sounding "honky", and the highs add sizzle without adding clank, or when cutting they take the edge off without killing the tone.