1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pre and post distortion EQ.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bromosapian, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Bromosapian

Bromosapian

Sep 28, 2010
    I've been experimenting with some different EQ configs using a TS808 clone that I got a few years back, mainly turning the bass' tone knob all the way back from treble, then doing the opposite with the overdrive's tone knob. I was wondering if there are any pedals that do all of this in one box, as I like the sort of bass fuzz-ish tone I get from it. (also: I know that I can put a GEB7 in an effects loop before the overdriver, board space that would be a measure of last resort)

2. Bromosapian

Bromosapian

Sep 28, 2010
    Anyone? Do pedals like this even exist?

3. Bromosapian

Bromosapian

Sep 28, 2010
    bump

4. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    The Source Audio Pro pedals have a built in 7 band graphic EQ that affects the distortion only, and the Classic Pro has an algorithm based on the Tubescreamer, among others.

5. Bromosapian

Bromosapian

Sep 28, 2010
    Not what Im referring to. I want a pedal that has two eqs, one before and one after the distortion. One to control what the distortion sounds like, then one to shape the output.

6. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    My apologies, the OP doesn't seem to make that clear, or maybe it is still early on a Saturday. :)
    With that said, I can't think of any distortion pedals off the top of my head that have both pre AND post EQs. There are some multi-fx units that can handle this, but in a single pedal...hrm. Maybe a custom double pedal by VFE?

7. djaydjay

djaydjay

Mar 14, 2010
    just to fulfill my curiosity: why do you want to have all of this in one pedal instead of 2 like you are doing now?

8. Bromosapian

Bromosapian

Sep 28, 2010
    Just for the convenience I guess. I dont have a GEB7 yet, I'm using my basses tone pot at the moment. Ill probably just stick with getting a graphic EQ, or save up and get the dual band distortion from FEA labs.

9. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2008
    Helsinki, Finland
    Douglas Castro, Founder: darkglass.com
    The Sansamp PSA-1, even though is not a pedal, it does exactly that, the Buzz (and other two unusually-named knobs) are basically a pre clipping EQ.

Regards! Doug.

10. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Commercial User

Aug 17, 2010
    Manufacturer: Tech 21
    Our SansAmp pedals have pre and post EQ. The advantage to post EQ is that you can fine tune the overall sound much like you do in a studio post microphone or after a track is recorded.

11. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    Also, the old Damage Control Womanizer and Demonizer pedals had a pre and a post eq section. That's the only other one I can think of.

12. Bromosapian

Bromosapian

Sep 28, 2010
    Wow those damage control things are rather expensive.

I think Ill probably just get a little graphic EQ and a blend loop, seems like the cheapest option for me.