1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pre cbs bass machines

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jheake, May 5, 2010.

1. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
    Ok guys i have searched a bunch and didn't really find an answer, maybe someone else has better luck.

Anyway i'm looking to replace the tuners for my marcus miller signature but i don't really care for the reverse winding style tuners(i seem to always whack my knuckles) I looked at the hipshot Hb3 but i believe those to be a replacement for the reverse winding machines.

Does anyone know where i can buy a direct replacement tuner that winds the direction of modern basses?

thanks much Jon

2. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
    Hmm interesting, those look like thye are the dimensions of the HB1 from hipshot tho =(

thanks tho. It says they can be disasembled to be flipped for a lefty. I wonder if i could just get hipshot to flip the threads on the HB3 to just wind the direction i would prefer.

thanks for the reply. I think ill just give Hipshot a call.

3. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
    I called Hipshot, the HB3 are infact reverse winding so i guess im S.O.L.

i might just end up with screw holes showing up on the back of the headstock ohh well /shrug

4. Does anyone know where i can buy a direct replacement tuner that winds the direction of modern basses?

yeah, id love to know the answer for this also. Im looking also......