1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pre CBS Love

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JPMcGuire, Nov 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JPMcGuire

JPMcGuire Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    i started playing recently with some old school Motown guys in a little jazz trio in downtown Detroit. Great musicians and so cool listening to their stories playing with the greats back in the day in Detroit. I typically play my Alleva 5 which is great. But today I went into the music room and practiced with my two pre cbs fenders and just reflected on how much they are still “it” for tone and feel. My foderas and Allevas are great too but there is indeed some magic with the right old fenders. Especially through an original b15.

Here’s some pics of my beat up 64 p and 62 jazz. No dead spots, perfect action on both and the benchmark tones. I notice I never need to adjust the necks and on these, remain stable all year. How Leo did it still amazes me. Check out original hang tags, first magazine add in 1960, p bass patent with Leo’s real signature! A tribute to greatness in innovation! Worth the hype ime and makes fantastic man cave decorations.

Attached Files:

Stumbo, Mark76 and bobyoung53 like this.
  2. Cool post, thanks.

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
    All great stuff. Cool music room!