\clip_image001.png" \/>

For Sale/Trade Pre-EB Music Man Stingray bridge, 1976-78 string-thru body, with mute assembly

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Phillip B, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Phillip B

Phillip B Chilling in the Sunshine State!

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Price:
    I have decided to sell some of my stash of Pre-EB Music Man parts. I've had all these since the late 80's/early 90's.

OK, this one is not a "Holy Grail" of Stingray parts like my Pre-EB prototype Cutlass neck and my unused/unmounted Pre-EB rosewood neck...but just try and buy a 70's Stingray bridge on a whim! Maybe no "Holy Grail", but still as rare as hen's teeth!

This is a string through bridge with the mute assembly. (The mute foam has long ago rotted off, but I replaced the ones on my Cutlass with mouse pad foam. I'd be glad to include enough mouse pad foam to do this one as well:D)

It does not have the serial number on it, so the serial number would have been on the neckplate - if I understand correctly, that would date it from (edit - thanks Dluxe) 1976 until mid 1978. See http://www.musicmanbass.org/mycustompage0061.htm

These pop up REALLY rarely, so I can't compare it to others to see what it is worth. But (like the other Pre-EB MM pieces) I've had it so long, it's worth quite a bit to me!

So I'm going to price it at a number that I would be OK with selling at. If people think I'm nuts for wanting that much and it doesn't sell and I have to keep it for another 30 years, I'm OK with that too!:D [​IMG]

Seems like I saw a few pop up at $300 5-10 years ago, so the price that I came to for this mid-late 70's string-through-body Stingray bridge is $350.

I could be talked into cool trades if you have something you think I'd like...

BTW, I also have an unused/unmounted Pre EB Stingray neck, and a Pre-EB prototype Cutlass neck in other ads - take a look

DSC_4958.jpg DSC_4961.jpg DSC_4962.jpg DSC_4963.jpg DSC_4965.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Caca de Kick likes this.
  2. Dluxe

Dluxe Guest

Jan 9, 2011
    Very cool! These will work for the 1976 until mid 1978 basses. When the bridge came with the serial number the location of the string through hole was moved. Wish I could use this but I need one of the latter type. GLWTS.

Phillip B likes this.
  3. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
  4. Dluxe

Dluxe Guest

Jan 9, 2011
    That one had the newer and smaller thumb wheel screws. Yours are the correct larger ones.

Phillip B likes this.
  5. Not sure if you have a Reverb account or not but they are easy to create if you have a paypal, I've had a lot of luck moving niche parts there, sold a pre-eb neck there that sat here awhile. GLWTS id love to have a reason to grab the cutlass neck

6. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

You've got real nice early Stingray parts, my friend. You need to expand your collection and buy my 1979 Sabre preamp.

Phillip B likes this.
  7. SmithWesson27

SmithWesson27

May 11, 2013
    If still available I am very interested in buying. Been looking for some time now.

8. SmithWesson27

SmithWesson27

May 11, 2013
    Been trying to replace this, also wondering if you have the allen bridge plate screws.

Attached Files:

9. Billy Ray Lanier

Billy Ray Lanier

Apr 5, 2015
    Your bass looks exactly like mine to include the bridge. I just picked my up in trade last week.

10. Billy Ray Lanier

Billy Ray Lanier

Apr 5, 2015
    Great I'll check back when I can budget the cash. Wife says I'm spending too much lately. All I've done is bought an Ampeg SVT CL with Ampeg pr 1832 cab, and a new band trailer. Don't see the issue. Lol. Thx.

Phillip B and Dluxe like this.
  11. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    I'm away from my home for a few weeks (and thus can't check!) , but I don't think so - sorry

12. Joe Byers

Joe Byers

May 26, 2018
    Has this been sold?

13. Kobilly

Kobilly

Apr 27, 2012
    Annapolis MD
    I am desperate for a 1977 stingray bridge . If there is one out there please contact me

14. AKARAY

AKARAY

Apr 9, 2019

15. AKARAY

AKARAY

Apr 9, 2019
    DO YOU STILL HAVE FOR SALE Pre-EB Music Man Stingray bridge, 1976-78 string-thru body, with mute assembly