For Sale/Trade Pre-EB Music Man Stingray neck -New, never been on a body!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Phillip B, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Phillip B

Phillip B Chilling in the Sunshine State!

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Price:
    I have decided to sell some of my stash of Pre-EB Music Man parts. I've had all these since the late 80's/early 90's.

This one is perhaps the "Holy Grail" of Stingray parts: a 3 bolt Pre-EB rosewood neck that has never been on a body.

How do I know that it's never been used? The tuner screw holes are not drilled and the nut is uncut - tough to play a neck without those things! :D Take a look at the pics and you'll see what I mean.

It also does not have the shiny poly that I remember. It is more of a satin - was it pulled from the line before being shot with the poly for someone who didn't like the stickiness of the gloss finish?? Who knows!?!

Regardless, as far as I know, this neck is one of a kind. So I can't compare it to others to see what it is worth. But I've had it so long, it's worth quite a bit to me!

So I'm going to price it at a number that I would be OK with selling at. If people think I'm nuts for wanting that much and it doesn't sell and I have to keep it for another 30 years, I'm OK with that too! :D

The price that I pulled out of mid-air for this unused/unmounted Pre-EB rosewood Stingray neck is $1200.

I could be talked into cool trades if you have something you think I'd like...

BTW, I also have a prototype Cutlass neck, and a String-thru body bridge in other ads - take a look

DSC_5024 crop.jpg

DSC_5025 crop.jpg DSC_4925.jpg DSC_4929.jpg DSC_4936.jpg DSC_4939.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    jebmd and Alan Ace Cooper like this.
  2. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Wow... now there's something you don't see everyday! Or, any other day! :)

Phillip B likes this.
  3. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Sweet!

4. Dluxe

Dluxe Guest

Jan 9, 2011
    Where's the truss rod nut?

5. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Hmm - never looked for it, because it wasn't on a bass, and thus never needed adjustment!

I can see the threads of the rod up in the hole - looks like I need to track down a nut!

Let me do some research and see what I can find...I'll leave the ad up in the meantime so that anyone looking will know that there's a neck available...

6. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  7. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Update - EB Music Man has them!

Shipping was 2x the cost of the nut, BTW :D

8. marcberez

marcberez Supporting member

Jun 23, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Very surprised you can get one from EB. They are notorious for not selling replacement parts.

9. WhtMtnGrv

WhtMtnGrv Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    Wow. Wow on all levels.

And not bad wow.

Phillip B likes this.
  10. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Because the shipping was a flat $7, I asked what else they had that I might want. He said "Knobs, screws, etc."

I guess things that don't allow you to counterfeit a Music Man are fair game to be sold.

11. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Success! The nut arrived from Ernie Ball, and has been installed (i.e., I screwed it on! :smug:)

Interesting that it was a true cylinder, and not bullet shaped like the Fender ones

Pics:
    DSC_5030 crop.jpg DSC_5025 crop.jpg DSC_5024 crop.jpg

12. Thanks for the post. I am in the market for a 3 hole neck for my 1979 Stringray. AJ from the EBMM service dept confirmed what I already knew which was to get a new neck I had to forfeit my current date stamped neck. Out of curiosity is there a date stamp of this neck?

13. Would you be interested in a trade for an 1967 Ampeg B-15?

14. Phillip B

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    JUst saw this...

Great Amp, but I've got "amps a plenty"!

Thanks tho!

15. Phillip, Do you still have this neck? I have a 1983 Pre-Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray Bass that has a warped 3rd part neck with a stripped truss rod nut. I might be interested in the neck or possible selling the body.

16. Andrew Graceffo

Andrew Graceffo

Feb 16, 2018
    Hi
    I would be interested in buying the body if you still have it
    Thanks

17. Andrew, I had a custom fretless neck made for it. I'm not adverse to selling it if the price is right, what would you offer?

18. Andrew Graceffo

Andrew Graceffo

Feb 16, 2018

19. Andrew Graceffo

Andrew Graceffo

Feb 16, 2018
    Hey thanks for contacting me back
    I don’t know if it be worth it to you being that you just put some money into it but looking at what they get sold online for when they do go up for sale..$750....
    Thanks
    Andrew

20. David Shore

David Shore

Jan 9, 2019
    I know this is a hell of a long shot, but is this neck still available?