\clip_image001.png" \/>

For Sale/Trade Pre-EB prototype Music Man Cutlass neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Phillip B, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Phillip B

Phillip B Chilling in the Sunshine State!

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    Price:
    I have decided to sell some of my stash of Pre-EB Music Man parts. I've had all these since the late 80's/early 90's.

This one is yet another "Holy Grail" of Stingray parts: A Pre-EB prototype Cutlass neck!

I acquired this not long after I bought my first Cutlass (mid 80’s). The seller told me that he believed it to be one of the prototypes.

See the attached pics and you'll see why I agreed that it was one of the Pre-production prototype necks - It has only Modulus markings (Meaning no Music Man markings), and lacks the string tree that my production Cutlass has. It is also almost 1/4" slimmer at the nut than my production Cutlass (did they even ever make J-width Cutlasses?) and has what appears to be real mother of pearl/abalone inlays on the front

Regardless, as far as I know, this neck is one of a kind. So I can't compare it to others to see what it is worth. But I've had it so long, it's worth quite a bit to me!

So I'm going to price it at a number that I would be OK with selling at. If people think I'm nuts for wanting that much and it doesn't sell and I have to keep it for another 30 years, I'm OK with that too!:D [​IMG]

The price that I pulled out of mid-air for this unloaded Cutlass neck is $1500. For another $100, I would include the tuners you see I the pics, which came from another bass, but are of the same vintage.

I could be talked into cool trades if you have something you think I'd like...

BTW, I also have an unused/unmounted Pre EB Stingray neck, and a String-thru body bridge in other ads - take a look
    DSC_4971.JPG DSC_4915.jpg DSC_4976.JPG DSC_4942.jpg DSC_4951.jpg DSC_4969.jpg DSC_4980.jpg

2. Phillip B

Phillip B Chilling in the Sunshine State!

Aug 3, 2014
    Tampa Florida
    (This is not mine, but I have been watching it on ebay, thinking I would buy it and combine it with my neck. As evidenced by the fact that I am now advertising my Cutlass neck, I finally decided that 1 Cutlass was all I needed!)

Anyway here's another major part of the "build your own MM Cutlass" kit - a 4 body body to match this neck...

I'll bet somebody out there needs both my neck and this body!

Vintage MusicMan STINGRAY BASS Body ORIGINAL Music Man s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  3. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
  4. bassman28

bassman28 Bass Pluckers Owner Posting in Talkbass Bazaar Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    Pmd