1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pre-Fender SWR SM 900 and Son of Bertha 1x15 (Good Condition/Low Price!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Tony CC, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Price:
    $200-$600
    For Sale: Pre-Fender SWR Bass Rig

Includes:
    SWR Interstellar Overdrive Preamp (w/footswitch)
    SWR SM 900 Amp head (w/footswitch)
    SWR Goliath III 4x10 (w/casters)
    SWR Son of Bertha 1x15

DSC_0072[1].JPG
    DSC_0073[1].JPG

I am the original owner. This rig was purchased new in 2001 and was gig’ed lightly for a couple of years.
    Due to my military career and being away from home for extended periods of time, this stuff has been stored in my house and garage for the majority of its life.
    I am in a position now where am able to begin playing again, but I need to purchase a compact rig that will fit into my car’s trunk.

For the most part, all of the components are in really good condition and sound great, with two small exceptions:
    1. The pots on the Interstellar Overdrive are dirty and generate noise when making adjustments.

2. The Speakon Input connector on the Goliath III 4x10 does not work. The ¼” jack does.

I am sure that these are easy fixes for someone with the time and knowledge.

Both the Interstellar Overdrive and the SM 900 come with the original footswitches (which were never used), power cords, and the owner’s manuals. I am also including the 4 space rack shown in the picture.

I will sell the complete rig as shown for $1050.

or each of the components individually:

SWR Interstellar Overdrive Preamp $200.

SWR SM 900 Amp $400.

SWR Goliath III 4x10 (w/casters) $250.

SWR Son of Bertha 1x15 $200.

I have searched the internet as well as the TB classifieds and I believe these are the absolute lowest prices for this gear. If i am wrong, let me know. This gear has served me well and I am just looking to downsize and pass along a good deal to a fellow Bass player.

I will ship if buyer covers the cost, or it can be picked up at my house in Fayetteville, NC.

-Tony

2. keithbroussard

keithbroussard Supporting Member

Hello Tony. I am writing to ask what is the best price you could do on the interstellar overdrive shipped to the 71111 postal code? Just let me know when the time permits. Thank you for your time and effort in advance.

Regards,
    Keith

3. Hi Keith, thanks for the inquiry.

I will drop it down to $180. USPS Priority large Flat rate box is 18.75, plus a couple dollars for some bubble wrap.
    I will box it up and send it to you for $200 even.

Tony

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. keithbroussard

Hello again Tony. I do have a second question about this piece. Would you be open to accepting two payments of $100 over two weeks with the item being shipped upon receipt of the second payment? If not I fully understand but I did want to run that by you. Reply when time permits and have a great day.

Regards,
    Keith

5. Keith,

I have no problem whatsoever with accepting two payments.

Tony

6. keithbroussard

Hola once more. That is great to hear on my end. Please send me your email address so I can send you the first payment via Paypal. And thanks for the fast reply sir.

Regards,
    Keith Broussard

7. Keith, pm sent.

Thanks,
    Tony

8. UPDATE: Interstellar Overdrive Sold!

Complete rig is now $850.

or each of the remaining components individually:

SWR SM 900 Amp $400.

SWR Goliath III 4x10 (w/casters) $250.

All information in the original post remains the same, please read.

9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey

Tony CC likes this.
  10. Thanks BawanaRik You are right, SWR made some great sounding stuff! I have been putting off the idea of selling it for a couple of years now because I really hate to see it go. The reality is that since it won't fit in my car, I will likely never be able to put it to good use again. It deserves to have an owner that can take it out and share that sound with an audience.

Tony

11. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    If you still had the overdrive i would buy that

12. jpeck02

jpeck02 Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Danville, CA
    Great deals here!

Tony CC likes this.
  13. keithbroussard

Hey Tony just so you know I just sent you the second and final payment for the interstellar overdrive. Please send me the tracking information when the time permits. Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Regards,
    Keith Broussard

The Nameless likes this.
  14. Thanks Keith, will do.

15. UPDATE: Interstellar Overdrive and Goliath III 4x10 SOLD!

Remaining components are now $600.

or each of the remaining components individually:

SWR SM 900 Amp $400.

All information in the original post remains the same, please read.

16. FenderCharles

FenderCharles Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Raleigh North Carolina
    I want the S.O.B. 1x15 in Raleigh NC

17. keithbroussard

Hello again. I m writing to ask if the SWR SM 900 is still available. Please let me know when the time permits. Thank you for your time in advance.

Keith Broussard

18. Yes, the SM 900 is still available.

19. keithbroussard

Can you tell me what the price is with shipping to the 71111 zip code?

20. Sure, I will let you know this evening when I get home.
    Do you also want the 4 space rack that is shown in the picture? I will include it if you want it, but it is heavy and will increase the shipping cost.