1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pre-Fender SWR Workingman's 12 Love...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JazznFunk, Sep 7, 2008.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    This is sort of a random post, but I was working on some quick repair work today on my 1999 SWR Workingman's 12 amp, the one that's been with me FOREVER. The tweeter had gone out on it and I thought I was going to have to replace it... turns out the problem was that one of the main wires had come undone from a lead on the tweeter. I'd never checked that since I usually shy away from tinkering with my amps when it comes to repairs. Anyway, I fixed that problem, vacuumed the rat fur and the space under the grille, and fixed some other cosmetic imperfections, and I just couldn't stop playing after I got it repaired. For a small combo amp, I love the tone of this thing when played full-range. I have a post-Fender Workingman's 12 and it just doesn't have the depth and warmth of this one. So, anyone else out there still using and loving their older Workingman's 12s (or 15s for that matter)?

2. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

I play through a pre fender swr 210 unit that the tweeter on /off /cut switch went bad .I just wired it to the on position.

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I used to have S/N 36! it sounded great until cranked; the problem was the speaker end of things. I sold the cabinet and made a nice solid oak case for the amp and used it that was for a while before selling it, finally.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I had a 12 that I liked alot, especially for synth bass. A keyboardist friend actually owns it now. I still have an older 15, but don't use it much, if at all. I thought the 12 had a much better sound.