1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

pre-Gibson Tobias owners pls. help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FishboneNut, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Hey, I have bought a nice pre-gibson Tobias Sig.,
    but I don't like the action, and so I want to make a new setup.
    The first problem is that the owner didn't had the tools for the trussrod.
    The second problem is, that I have never fiddled around with such a double trussrod system.

Could somebody who owns a pre-gib. Tobias please explain me, which tool I should use and whether I have to consider anything speacial when doing the setup.

thx.

2. I hope this works...

3. yep, and another one...

4. Thanks Bassart1!
    Could you please post additional pics of this bass, it's realy beautyful.

Are there any other things I have to take care of?

5. I use a small box wrench (with an open end on the opposite side) from my mechanics toolkit. I think it's 1/4 inch, it's part of a set of small box/open end polished Craftsmen wrenches from Sears.

Don't adjust more than one flat of the nut at a time, and don't use more than light fingertip strength.

Aloha,

Jonathan

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I personaly would try to find a experience luthier in your neck of the woods if its possible.This IMO is to find of an instrument to be D#%king around with if you're not familiar with setups,letalone a bass with dual trust rods

7. Thank you very much for ya helping answers, and sorry that I couldn't response earlier, but I was on a short time vacation.

My last question is: Can I achieve an up-bow( relief) and a back-bow with this double truss rod system, or is it just possible to give the neck a normal relief or to make it straight. And in addition to that, in which direction has the wrench to be turned to get an up-bowed,straight or back bowed neck: clockwise or couter-clockwise?

Thanks.