1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Pre-Gig Balloonapalooza Grand Prairie, Texas

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Gravedigger Dav, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    Bummer dude.. if you're bored tonight (Sat).. come up to the Ranch House in Sachse (up 78 off PGBT) and hang out..
    downbeat at 8:30pm.. 'til 12:30 am.. I'm the bass player.. ;)

dbase likes this.
  2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Gold Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Just googled the headliner and listened to *parts* of a couple of his songs. Looks like you guys dodged a bullet by cancelling!

Dan

dbase likes this.
  3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Didn't see this post until this morning (Monday 8/29). Sorry I missed it.

nixdad and s0c9 like this.
  4. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Bummer! Why can't some organizers get their stuff organized? It looks like it would've been a fun time.

[​IMG]

Well, I hope you guys move on and just get even better gigs. All the best.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

dbase, nixdad and Fat Freddy like this.
  5. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Thanks, @BassCliff. This was a good news/bad news situation. I was really looking forward too it, so it was bad news the BL canceled, but I didn't have to drive 3 hours to the gig and 3 hours back. I was in Leander, Texas, just north of Austin for the weekend. There was a memorial service for a friend I had known for 40 years. He gave me my first job in IT. During our time together, I quit twice and he fired me once. But, we were still always close friends. I'm sure there will be other gigs. But, we are still playing small clubs 3 or 4 times a month, except August which was a total wash out.

nixdad, McG, BassCliff and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hey @Gravedigger Dav sorry I missed you this past weekend was a total washout for me, would have loved to meet up and hang.
    Those big events can be a real pain and sometimes a real leap of faith, I have been on both sides and know how it goes.

nixdad and Fat Freddy like this.
  7. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    When you say washout, do you mean it rained? I know there was a chance, but I was out of town. Anyway, maybe another time.

8. Washout in the terms of the curses of aging, better than the alternative.

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021