1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pre-Hatch Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by jdapodaca, Jun 29, 2007.

1. jdapodaca

jdapodaca

May 25, 2006
    El Paso, Texas
    Do any of you guys have a pre-2004 Prius? I'm interested in buying one, but I'm not too sure how bass friendly the non-hatch models are. The newer ones are out of my price range.

If you have one without a hatch, how do you get your bass in? What's the visibility like? Do the back seats fold down? Any general knowledge about the pre-hatch Prius would be great. Thanks.

2. I have one and I think it would be near impossible to fit a 3/4 size bass in there, granted I've never actually tried but the front seat doest really fold flat and door wouldn't really accommodate entry very well. I would guess its not a real great bassist choice, the new ones how ever seem fine they are a good deal longer also with like 3 times the cargo space.

However, the Car itself works very well, low gas mileage obviously and lots of nice features and can turn donuts in a narrow street, it rides really low though which sometimes bothers me, but normally its a great car.

3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I'm looking out the window at my neighbor's first-generation Prius at the moment. I don't think I'd want to try to fit a bass in there more than once.

4. jdapodaca

jdapodaca

May 25, 2006
    El Paso, Texas
    How do you get your bass around? Different car for gigs?

5. Yeah I also have a Toyota Sienna the mini van and it wiht the seats folded down or taken out can fit, my bass, my amp, my combos drumset, a trumpet 2 people with space to spare

6. jdapodaca

jdapodaca

May 25, 2006
    El Paso, Texas
    Dang. Back to the drawing board I guess. Thanks for the info guys.

7. there are a lot of other toyotas with very good gas mileage and lots of space that are pretty affordable and in my experiences they last an eternity

8. raebasso

raebasso

Jul 26, 2007
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    If you can find a 2 door Toyota Tercel, you'll be set. I had one in college, fit a bass with ease and got great mileage. I even averaged 50mpg driving from Texas to NY once!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021