Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pre-Hurricane Family Photo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Sep 4, 2005.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I snapped a few shots before the storm hit so I could show my lovely stringed friends to my TB friends (and for insurance purposes, just in case!).
    I'll start with the shot from the rear, to see if anyone wants to guess who's who, then catch up on a week's worth of TB, and post the frontal shot.
    Sorry for the poor quality.
    [​IMG]

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Well I hope they all survived!!! Don't know the majority of them, might have a better shot with a sharper photo, but I do see a Cirrus 6er 3rd from the right.

3. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Ok, I'm sleepy and have to make up some school work after the week-long absence. Here's the better shot:
    [​IMG]

4. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    L to R:
    Yamaha BB300 (Winnie the Pooh and Blue courtesy of my niece)
    G&L SB-2
    Roscoe LG-3000 (slipped from the stand)
    Hagstrom 8 (leaning)
    Benavente 219-B
    Peavey Cirrus 6
    Fender Am. Std. Jazz (w/Roland GK-2B)
    FBB #31-00 (currently awaiting new electronics)

Roland V-Bass front and center
    All family members are safe and sound. The Bennie and Cirrus spent the storm with me at a friend's house, and made for some nice duets to pass the time.
    Absent are the Ibanez ATK305 and Kay upright, the former of which is still at the studio, the latter at my dad's house, and both are doing just fine.

5. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
  6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The only one I could pick out right away was the Cirrus. Hope all is well.

7. Very nice....
    I hope for you it's all OK!

Vince

8. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Man I feel for you. Not knowing if they were OK. I'm glad everything turned out OK for you.

We got hit by Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne last year. We evacuated for Frances (at the time we left, it was a Cat. 4 and expected to be a 5). I took my Roscoe with me as I allowed every one in our family to take one special item with them. Thank God Frances downgraded to a Cat2 by the time it hit us. All basses were accounted for when we returned. We stayed for Jeanne, and it was OK.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Adron Your Alive ! :hyper: Nice Family you got going their , how old is the Hagstrom?.

10. I hope all is going well down there for the hurricane victims. Nice to see some sweet gear survive the ordeal. I'm sailing down there tomorrow afternoon on Canadian Warship HMCS Athabaskan to help with the relief efforts.

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    From the photo, it looks like the old drunk who has to lean on someone to be held up for the pic :p. Nice family, hope they're all OK.

-Ray :D

12. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    hope you and your family made it through the storms.

13. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You have my prayers and best wishes too. Even though basses can be replaced, we associate them with memories that are precious and I hope you are able to keep them.

14. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Thrilled for you that everyone is safe and healthy :hyper:

15. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    Adron
    Your dad was contemplating holding the Benavente until you graduated. From the looks of it, I can see why he didn't wait :smug: . What woods did you end up choosing?

16. Sitting here in the UK, it's hard to beleive what happened down there, not only during the storm, but the anarchy afterwards, sh*t, what a crazy world we live in.

Glad you and yours are safe.

:cool:

17. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    Very nice family. Makes me proud to be a Mobilian! Now back to cleaning the $%#@ yard...

18. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    He still thinks he's gonna hold it, but it's already in my hands. You've definitely got to check this thing out, especially considering that I know you're GASsing for a SC! Don't tell him about the Cirrus, he doesn't know about that one yet! ;) I passed your new place today, and from the road, it looked like everything was OK. I hope all was well. And when are we gonna get some pictures of your nice toys, particularly that BB1200.
    Kevinator, the Hagstrom is a '68-'69. Don't know for sure, but I think I have more fun playing that one than any other bass in there!
    Ray, I was thinking about trying to make it to the FL GTG, but my family engagements take priority. We'll have to try to get another going here on the Gulf Coast (what's left of it) or maybe in the ATL before too long.

19. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    I posted a crappy pic of my collection in the show your basses thread and recently picked up a late 70's NS-1. Brought it to the shop; your dad and another bass player (think he plays in your church or something?) thought it was cool as hell. A couple days ago I got a smoking deal on a 90' Thumb fretless; hopefully it'll arrive in one piece. My place had no damage except a few broken fan blades. And yes, one day, an SCB or J will be mine. Enough talk about playing, let's get together.