1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pre-made pickguards for MIK p-bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gear_Junky, May 20, 2011.

1. Gear_Junky

Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    I know that many places sell pre-cut p-bass pickguards, i've seen allparts guards at local stores, then there's Guitar Fetish, eBay, etc.

Question is: does it fit all P-Basses? I just picked up what is supposedly a MIK Fender P-Bass (not Squier). It could be a Fender neck on another body for all I know... But it seems to have an original (but repainted) pickguard.

I'm ok with minor massaging and even re-drilling holes, just want it looking good generally and having the pickup in the right place.

2. It's like buying false teeth - ya gotta go to the store and see if they fit.

3. If you want to restore the existing pickguard, spray some oven cleaner on it. It has to be the kind that cleans without heat. It will remove the paint without scratching up the plastic.