pre or post gibson???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt_dutyfree, Oct 29, 2004.

1. can anyone tell me if this TE is pre or post gibson??

will it matter if it's post... recomendations thoughts on this amp...

[​IMG]

2. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    It looks like its pre.... Does it really matter?

IME, TE gear has always had good construction and this unit does not seem to be a great departure from other TE.'s so the design is prolly ( if not ) the same as other TE.'s.

Personally, I would let my ears and bank book be the judge of if its worth it or not. I only liked the V-Type Pre, Quatra Valve Head and the 1x15 cab .

3. yeah i totally agree I'm just wondering I'll get it neways just wanna know what i'm getting more than nething!

4. Hmmm. I could be wrong but that looks an electroluminescent front panel with green buttons and all, which would make it a GMI era. Still, it's going to be a great amp.

Info was hard to find as it appears that Gibson has taken down the the TE site in the last little while. I wonder what's going on. Does this mark the end of TE?

5. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    Well... when gibson owned trace the production still continued in england, so it would be the same people who maked it, i have comed to belive... Did they realy make anything in the US? to me it seems like gibson discontinued trace instead...

6. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    shouldnt be suprised... havent Trace Elliot only been making acustic amps for an while now?

7. Not surprised, but they should go out with a "bang" not a whimper! It was a sad day when Gibson closed the UK facility and it will be another sad day when the TE mark winds down for good.

8. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    Theres still Ashdown. ;)

9. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    A good, basic, solid head for "cheap".

Overall, they have one of the better onboard compressors IME. ( It looks like that one has one). Im not into parametric E.Q. but If you like the sound it gives it would be a good investment IMO.

10. bought it... can't wait to play this thing!