Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pre or post gibson???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matt_dutyfree, Oct 29, 2004.

1. can anyone tell me if this TE is pre or post gibson??

will it matter if it's post... recomendations thoughts on this amp...

[​IMG]

2. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    It looks like its pre.... Does it really matter?

IME, TE gear has always had good construction and this unit does not seem to be a great departure from other TE.'s so the design is prolly ( if not ) the same as other TE.'s.

Personally, I would let my ears and bank book be the judge of if its worth it or not. I only liked the V-Type Pre, Quatra Valve Head and the 1x15 cab .

3. yeah i totally agree I'm just wondering I'll get it neways just wanna know what i'm getting more than nething!

4. Hmmm. I could be wrong but that looks an electroluminescent front panel with green buttons and all, which would make it a GMI era. Still, it's going to be a great amp.

Info was hard to find as it appears that Gibson has taken down the the TE site in the last little while. I wonder what's going on. Does this mark the end of TE?

5. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    Well... when gibson owned trace the production still continued in england, so it would be the same people who maked it, i have comed to belive... Did they realy make anything in the US? to me it seems like gibson discontinued trace instead...

6. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    shouldnt be suprised... havent Trace Elliot only been making acustic amps for an while now?

7. Not surprised, but they should go out with a "bang" not a whimper! It was a sad day when Gibson closed the UK facility and it will be another sad day when the TE mark winds down for good.

8. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    Theres still Ashdown. ;)

9. {OE}

{OE}

Sep 23, 2004
    Connecticut, U.S.
    A good, basic, solid head for "cheap".

Overall, they have one of the better onboard compressors IME. ( It looks like that one has one). Im not into parametric E.Q. but If you like the sound it gives it would be a good investment IMO.

10. bought it... can't wait to play this thing!