pre/power for under 500CDN?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wiggett, May 15, 2005.

1. is there any way i can get a pre amp/ power amp setup for under 500Canadian? im fine with paying in US currency, and off ebay, or even a TB classified. if anyone can help me out, that would be great.

im going to be running an avatar B212. i havent ordered one yet, becuase i dont know what head im gnna get so i dont know what ohm to order the cab in.

2. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I think it's doable, but maybe just barely.

Pick up a Sansamp BDDI. This will serve as your pre-amp. If you have the extra money, you would be better off with the rackmount version (RBI). Both will work fine, although the RBI may work better (also includes a mid control and is rackmountable, but costs $100US more).

For a power amp, get the best thing you can afford. A QSC RMX 850 will cost $300US new (eBay). Used is also a viable option, check eBay for QSC (RMX Series), Carvin poweramps (maybe not the best out there, but they'll work), Peavey PV series, or maybe a good deal on something else.
  3. what about getting a GK1001rb-II
  4. People love their 1001RB's so that would be a good choice.

For pre/power a used Sansamp RBI and a new QSC RMX850 or used RMX1450 maybe?
  5. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    The GK is out of his price range. New, they cost $600US, so that's about $700CAN (guessing here), so even a used one would just barely fit in his budget. Also, he wants a pre/power setup, not an all-in-one head.
  6. thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    hehe you quoted the original poster to himself
  7. actually, pre power is just an option.
    there is a gk1001rb-II on ebay for 425 US.

id love to get the RBI and a power amp however, its just my funds are a little tight and id need a pretty good deal on the qsc (200-300USD) and the RBI (200-250)

if anyone can help me out, id be extatic.
  8. cheaper options to the RBI - Peavey Probass 1000 or BBE used to make a 363 that I've seen on ebay and the classifieds for around $100 USD. You should be able to find a power amp for $0.20 US per watt in the 1000 watt range. Carvin and the RMX line come to mind, or Behringer (perish the thought) if you can live with their business model. (sorry to bring that up again) :\