Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pre-Samick Valley Arts Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by northernbright, Jun 10, 2005.

1. northernbright

northernbright

Jan 20, 2005
    Seattle
    I recently purchased a mix-and-match custom bass which has a black body with a Valley Arts logo on it. Having owned a Valley Arts custom strat in the past I jumped at the chance to buy this bass, especially since the price tag was less than it cost to have my last bass repaired.
    My problem has been in finding any information out about this bass body. It has a gold Valley Arts logo on the horn of the body and is routed for a P/J configuration with electronics in the back. It currently is fitted with a Leo Quan Badass (I) bridge and has EMG pickups. I know the neck isn't original, i'm just wondering if anyone has any information on Pre-Samick Valley Arts Basses, i'd like to know more about the history of this piece, what kind of pickups and bridge it might have had originally.
    I've searched google to no avail, the only information available on Valley Arts basses is about the new line of Gibson Valley Arts Custom Pro Basses... The P/J configuration on my bass is a little tighter to center than the new ones, the body is a traditional P-Bass shape, black, with the logo in gold. None of these features are anything like the new basses they make.
    Hoping someone knows!

2. northernbright

northernbright

Jan 20, 2005
    Seattle
    bump, please, does anyone know anything?

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany