1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Preamp/Amp custom setup idea

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JJBluegrasser, Nov 23, 2004.

1. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Hi all,
    I have an idea, and I was wondering if you guys have any thoughts about it that you'd be willing to send my way.
    I play Double Bass (70%) and an American Fender Jazz Deluxe with Seymore Duncan Antquity IIs (30%). I am trying to be cheap, but I don't have to be, if something else is a better idea. I have the following idea for an amp setup. Looking for the ability to get clean and hi-fi while also being able to get a nice round old school electric tone when I want.

bass -> Presonus Eq -> Presonus TubePre (I already have this and I'm pretty happy with the sound it adds) -> QSC PLX 1602 (bridged mono) -> two 8ohm EA Cxl 1x12s.

Am I being unnecessarily cheap, or do you think this would work well for a versatile rig that will still be able to sound good?

Thanks for the thoughts and for your time,
    Jason

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    that would be a cool little rig!!! You could save a couple bucks and get a single Schroeder 1210... but I'm partial.

Either way to should meet the tone you are looking for.