1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

preamp and pickups from Squire Deluxe Jazz V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by bassnote6, Apr 30, 2010.

1. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Endorsing Artist:MTD Basses
    I have the complete guts from a Squire deluxe jazz V. Pre amp is 9 volt 4 knob with 1 switch. Vol,blend.treble/bass stack and bass with a actiive passive switch. I think. Anyways the Pre comes complete with pickups and pre wired pots jack and knobs. The only thing needed is a 9volt battery connector. complete 65.00 shipped or trade for some Dimarzio ultra jazz 5's. pics later today Thanks
    Preamp sold
    Knobs and pickups left thank you.

Pickups sold

2. Is this the same preamp used in the regular Deluxe Fenders? Do you have pics?

3. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    I don't think it's the same. But heres a pic for you.

4. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    I will sell what ever you need from the lot.
    Chrome knobs 3 and one stacked 15.00
    pickups 20.00
    prewired preamp 35.00
    Thanks for looking

5. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    These are really nice, really quiet pickups. I have a set myself and just put a different pre on them and they are good stuff. Because I just ripped everything apart in my bass, I just wanted to throw what I know in here, if that's ok...

The preamp is not the same as the US. It's actually a lot easier to install on other basses than the US one would be. The wiring diagram is available here:
    http://squierguitars.com/pdf/current/J Bass/Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V-Service.pdf

Also, the width of the pickups, I BELIEVE, is the same as the 4 string Mexi basses. I say that because I was able to fit a 4 string pickguard on my 5 string bass.
    They actually measure 3-5/8" x 3/4" and are 1-1/2" across the centers of the screw tabs.

"I'm half tempted to buy them, but don't really need them at the moment" bump.

6. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Thanks for the info you were a great help. I do have the wiring diagram for the pre. Thanks again for the bump

7. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Preamp on hold pending payment:hyper:

8. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    Preamp Sold and shipped!! Should be there Thursday!!

9. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    PM'd

10. bassnote6

bassnote6

Oct 15, 2002
    SYRACUSE NEW YORK
    PM was answered with your email. Thanks

11. bassnote6