1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Preamp and Pickups Recommendations

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mersh, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Mersh

Mersh

Dec 19, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    I am trying to get as close as I can to get as close as I can to the sound as a Modulus Quantum with Barts sound as I can with a 94 Ibanez SR1306. I am looking at the Barts CF5CBC with a Aguilar preamp. With this bass I am limited on the pickups due to the size since they are 4.125 1.56 inch and I don't want to modify the body. I would really like to put the OBP-3 preamp in but I don't want to drill a hole for another knob so I will either go with the OBP-1 or 2. Anybody and any recommendations on the route I should go on this?

2. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    How many pot holes does your bass have?

If you were referring to pre-wired OPB-3, you could always choose the one with stacked bass/treble pot and push-pull mid pot to lessen the required holes.

3. Mersh

Mersh

Dec 19, 2016
    Memphis, TN

The bass has 4 pot holes. It currently has a stacked bass/treble and stacked mid/mid sweep. It takes 2 hands to adjust either of them. I'm hoping new stacked pots will function better than the ones that are on there now.

4. Mersh

Mersh

Dec 19, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    Today I finished installing my Barts and my OBP-3. All I can say is holy smokes what a difference!

ctmullins likes this.