1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Preamp B7k vs Le Bass for Steve Harris Tone

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by Pegasus_150, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Pegasus_150

Pegasus_150

Sep 26, 2017
    Hi,
    I have Steve Harris signature bass and strings and I'm hesitating which preamp to buy to get as close as possible to his tone. Darkglass B7k, Le Bass or sansamp or other. I would really appreciate your expertise. Thanks

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Not gonna interrupt your conversation with the expert other than to say Welcome to TalkBass!

3. Pegasus_150

Pegasus_150

Sep 26, 2017
    Thanks two fingers!

4. Flippy

Flippy

Jun 9, 2017
    Europe
    Crank your amp volume up and play lightly. You should pluck the strings in the spot between the pickup and bridge, over the edge of the pickguard. I don't think that a preamp would matter a lot here.

EDIT: a picture is worth a thousand words, this is the spot I tried to describe:
    0141032305_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

5. Pegasus_150

Pegasus_150

Sep 26, 2017
    Thanks Flippy. True I already do that and it's close enough :) but I'm looking for the right preamp for Steve's tone (eq etc..)