1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Preamp board is loose

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bdkthunder, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I noticed a weird rattling sound coming from inside my bass when I moved it around so I decided to open up the back panel and found that the preamp board inside is not secured to the body anymore. It was originally attached the the top of the cavity with velcro and now the glue has dried out on the velcro and the board has fallen off (velcro is still stuck on the wood).

What would be the best way to secure it so it doesn't rattle around? I had tried a piece of tape where the glue was but that didn't work for very long. It didn't stick very well to the board.

Is there any harm in having the board loose besides the annoyance of it rattling around?

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    New Velcro or 3M Super Lock fasteners (Radio Shack). The 3M stuff is pricier but will never wear out. I use it for just about everything including my pedalboard. I even use it to secure the 9 v battery within my Dingwall's control cavity.

Riis