Preamp Dilemma: Aggie DB 659 VS. EBS 1v2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mz91, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Aguilar DB 659

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. EBS 1v2

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  1. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I just wanted to say that i have decided on the Aguilar Pre. I am Meeting the seller this weekend. I hope that everything runs smoothly :p . I am looking into getting a QSC poweramp to compliment it. Ohhhhh, I cant wait. An Aguilar Pre, a QSC poweramp, and an Epifani cab :D . Sweetness! Thanks alot for all the opinions and input that everyone put into helping me make my decision. I appreciate it. Later. :bassist: Michael

2. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Sounds to me that you have put together a killer rig....congrats & enjoy:)

3. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey all, one more question...i got a really good deal on a RMX 2450 poweramp. I am guessing this thing is waaaaay to powerful to hook up to a single Epifani cab (old one with horizontal speaker set up).Can anyone clarify this quickly? thanks!
    Michael :p

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    SW, OK
    Should be fine as long as you use your ears and your Clip Limiter on the RMX. When the cab begins to sound distressed, it is; back off.

I'm not specifically familiar with pushing Epi's very hard, but most speakers will give an audible sense of stress when pushed too hard.

Some Epi owner's might want to chime in here.

5. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Adrian Garcia uses the EBS pre-amp. Why don't you ask him about it. I talked with him a bit about EBS, and he really likes the tone.

6. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey adrian, well right now i am going for the Aggie pre qsc setup. If for some reason stuff doesnt work out when buying the pre then i will get the EBS. All the feedback i had on them is that they are amazing but are complicated when dialling in E.Q. and simplicity is very big for me. :D

7. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I still havent had alot of imput on using the RMX poweramp. i am still not sure if i can comfortably use the poweramp. anyone with any experience with an overpowered poweramp into a single cab? thanks! Mike :bassist:

8. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Try glockenklang, you will be happy!!

9. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I looked at Glockenklang and for some reason it just doesnt appeal to me ;)

10. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    well, ok.

My vote goes to aggie because of his warmth, almost like glock has it:D