1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Preamp Extravaganza !!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dcr, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Hello all you TBers!

Well, I've recently puchased a couple of preamps to try out and have come to a conclusion: my BBE BMaxt-T sounds just as good as these others do. Conversely, they sound as good as the BBE, and I can get a great sound with my gear out of any one of the three. So I'll sell off two and keep the last one to sell.

Here goes!

***********SOLD**********First up, SWR Grand Prix. Green face, in great shape. Sounds smokin', but has a bit of crackle when you turn the knobs. Haven't tried De-Oxit yet, but as soon as I get a can, I'll swish it out. Pre-Fender, of course. $225 OBO plus shipping CONUS*******SOLD*********.

*****SOLD*****[del]Next, an oldie-but-goodie. Yamaha PB-1, a classic warhorse. Sounds great, really really clean for it's age. Some rash on the face, but the chassis isn't scratched up too bad at all. [/del]$200 OBO plus shipping CONUS. SOLD

Lastly, the BBE BMaxtT that I've used in my "big rig" for a couple years now. Currently loaded with a Telefunken 12AU7-equivalent. Kinda low gain, but day-um, it sounds great! $285 OBO plus shipping CONUS.

Below them all is a Crown XLS1500 that I bought new. It's my big rig amp. I'll combine it with a preamp (you pick) for the right head that puts out 800W+. Such as SD800/1200, Shuttle 9.x / 12.x family, Streamliner, maybe GK 1001RB-III, you get the idea. NFS as an indvidual item -- only FT with a preamp for you hi-power head.

I'll consider many music-related trades, including basses, amps (would really like an F1, F500, MB Fusion, or MB 200/500), or lighter cabs.

I might consider trades of other music and non-music-related items. Not into effects and don't need mikes. I'm also an AR-15 nut, so keep that in mind as well.

dcr

Attached Files:

1001.jpg
      File size:
      161.3 KB
      Views:
      1002.jpg
      File size:
      164.3 KB
      Views:
  2. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

More!

dcr

Attached Files:

1003.jpg
      File size:
      117.2 KB
      Views:
      1004.jpg
      File size:
      157.5 KB
      Views:
  3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Up To The Top!

dcr

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

BUMP for trades added!

dcr

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Yamaha pre is SOLD.

You pick -- either the SWR or BBE is still available.

dcr

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

May take the SWR to a gig tonight and see how it does. Haven't used it in a gig scenario yet.

BUMP!

dcr

7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Didn't take the SWR after all, so here's your chance before I change my mind.

dcr

8. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

BUMP!

Will trade both preamps for a high-power (~800W plus) head, plus/minus cash as necessary. WT800, SM900, Shuttle 9.x/12.x, 1001RB-II, Streamliner, Markbass SD800/1200/tube 800...you get the idea. Maybe even consider a MB Fusion or other similar micro head to drive my power amp.

Also open to cab trades. Wouldn't mind having a Dr. Bass to go with my DRB 212, but any nice cabs would be considered. A pair of Neo 112s or a single Neo 2x12 would fit the bill quite nicely. Or both. Again, +/- cash as necessary.

Hit me up. I'm open to all offers!

dcr

9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Up!

dcr

10. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

GOTTA MOVE ONE OF THESE!

BBE BMax-T -- $285 shipped CONUS

SWR Grand Prix -- $225 shipped

Will trade either one for a Neo 2x12 cabinet or both for a higher-powered lightweight head. Plus / minus cash, of course.

dcr

11. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Throw me yer trades! I'll consider all sorts of things...except FX. Never been into 'em.

And I'd really like a Radial Bassbone Tonebone or a Neo cabinet.

dcr

12. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

BUMP for more trade gear I'd like with +/- cash, of course. And I'd also do both pre's for trade, as well:

Shuttle
    Streamliner
    GK MB212 combo
    GK MB500 / MB Fusion
    Epifani cabs
    GK Neo cabs
    GK 1001RB-II
    Carvin BX500/1200
    Carvin B1500
    Markbass LMII / LMIII / SD800 / TA501 / F1

Or lots of other things. This is just my medium-short list...:eek:

dcr

13. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Okay, gonna give these just a couple more days and then off to the 'Bay.

Listening to trade offers for anything!

dcr

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

TTT!

dcr

15. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

UP!

dcr

16. nickmcknnn

nickmcknnn

Jun 19, 2005
    Pm'd

17. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM replied.

dcr

18. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

C'mon! Surely someone has an LMII or LMIII laying around that's not getting a lot of use. Add one of these great preamps to a lightweight power amp and have a mondo rig.

Otherwise I'm going to GC on Sunday.

dcr

19. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Hey! I'd also consider trading both for a decent bass.

Got an AR-15 parts? Scopes? Mags? Eotech? Complete upper in something other than .223? I'd do a trade like that, too.

dcr

20. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

NO interest at all? Guess it's going to fee-Bay soon.

dcr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.