Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Preamp for direct connection to computer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Warwickman0810, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Warwickman0810

Warwickman0810

Mar 29, 2005
    London, UK
    Hey, I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on what preamp is worthyof buying for connecting it to my computer (bass -> preamp -> computer) as i dont use amps at all because of very evil neighbours...

¬Al

2. I have a sansamp BDDI, im sure i can use that for recording on computer, i hope so because i plan to!!

My neighbours are evil to, just turn up the amp a bit, and you dont hear them anymore

3. Bass Pod XT. Everything you need in one neat little package.

4. Warwickman0810

Warwickman0810

Mar 29, 2005
    London, UK

5. tbitsky

tbitsky

Apr 15, 2005
    EXPENSIVE:

The Boss GT-6 for guitar is excellent, and blew away the POD 2.0 in comparison. Do yourself a favor and check out the GT-6B. The improvement in user interface (being able to adjust/use features easily) alone may put it over the POD. I don't know what the POD XT is going for, but the GT-6B will probably run you 300 on ebay.

NOT EXPENSIVE:

I've never heard anyone complain about the SansAmp DI. I think they go for around $99 new and used.

6. Warwickman0810

Warwickman0810

Mar 29, 2005
    London, UK
    I have a GT-6 but the guitar version. i started off as a guitarist adn then switched to bass about a year ago. I absolutely love the GT-6 and have actually persuaded a few guitarist friends to buy them. GT-6 is versatile, heavy-duty and really convenient to use, i am sure that GT-6B is just as fantastic...and they're not that expensive - £350 or so

7. $189 new i think (im in UK so not 100% sure and cant be bothered checking)

And i agree, inspiration always comes at night

But its great when your friends come round, they are like "we heard you half way down the street, and didnt get an answer when we rand the doorbell, so we just came in cus we knew you were there"

[ok, so its only happened like that once, but i still thought it was cool :smug: ]