Preamp for my Peavey Grind 6

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by badboy1984, Mar 16, 2010.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I gonna take my bass to the a friend to get it all setup along with replacing the stock electronics as well. I thin kthe pickup is ok but the electronic definate need replacing. I got 2 set of spare preamp at home that could use for this bass.

I got a set of very old bart 2 band preamp and a set of EMG BTC 2 band preamp.

Not sure which one will go well to the peavey.

2. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Of those Id choose the EMG BTC 2 band. Was recently looking over preamps myself and emg won for me. For dark, heavy, very articulate voice that works great in the mix. With plenty of upper end shimmer or sparkle if wanted. The barts set the treble controls center to high for my tastes. Emg's do it sweeter I think.

3. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    thanks, i was thinking about the EMG myself. Is not being use around so might as well install it on the peavey grind to see what it sounds.

4. Aren't most EMG electronics setups designed for use with EMG pickups, and only EMG's? Just asking...I know that when I went shopping for a set of EMG's for a bass I had, the EMG electronics/EMG pickup deal was repeated over & over on the EMG website.

5. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The EMG preamp is just only a normal preamp which control bass, mid and treble depend on what model. But the blend and volume that comes with the pickup and preamp is design to use with EMG stuff, so all I need to do is use normal volume and blend pot will do.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021