1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Preamp into bass head, looking for the right head.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Judge Nickels, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Judge Nickels

Judge Nickels Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a relatively high end class D bass head. I like a full range, hi fi sound but am allergic to glassy mids and highs.

The rub is that I would want a head that sounds amazing on its own, but also performs well as a power amp. I have an Aguilar DB680, which I've had for years and really love.

I would like to be able to decide based on the gig or my mood wether to run my lightweight head by itself or hump the rack mounted pre to the show and use it on the front end with my head providing the power section.

I'm interested in the TecAmp Puma and the Bergantino B amp, but I'm open to others based on y'alls feedback on this kind of setup.

I have two of the Aguilar ceramic 1x12 cabs.

2. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    I imagine the B|Amp will remain on your shortest of short lists. Do be certain to compare it with others as suggested by TB'ers but I'll bet it's in your top 2 if not ultimately the winner