Preamp location

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Hendricks97, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Hendricks97

Hendricks97

Jan 3, 2017
    Has anyone rigged up a mount for their preamp on the bass or the stand? Im trying to think of the best way to keep it right there for when Im using both the NXT and my Bongo for the same gig. The Fishman Platinum has the belt clip attached, but I dont want it on my belt when Im playing the Bongo and dont want to spend a couple minutes switching everything around between songs

2. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    What preamp do you use? The Headway EDB2 has a mic thread on the bottom, so it is easy to put on a stand or a stand extension.

3. View attachment 3102912
    I do, when I'm using a back line instead of my own amp/cab as a personal monitor. Best for me is to bring my own easy on/off mic stand accessory, so I don't have to bring the stand itself. Current fave is a soft-sided cup holder. It is a fabric 'bag' hanging on a wire frame - and the frame is not a complete 'O'; it is an almost closed 'C'. So it can be re-shaped for a custom fit. I can put my K&K inside, and run cables through slits, or hang it on the outside nicely by its belt clip. This works for me because the K&K is small and the knobs and inputs are on opposite ends, so this vertical nesting works well for me. Various shelves, sheet music holders, ipad/phone holders etc might be better for other gear.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Zbysek likes this.
  4. Hendricks97

Hendricks97

Jan 3, 2017
    I have the fishman platinum stage. It had a belt clip and I tried strapping it to the bass but it rattled too much

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021