Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Preamp: Musician Sound Design

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by saikkpe, Mar 1, 2005.

1. saikkpe

saikkpe

Dec 29, 2003
    I'm updating my bassrig and looking for a new tube preamp. I noticed in a webstore (Music Store Cologne) quite cool looking preamp called Space Bass, manufactured by a small German company called Musician Sound Design. It could be a nice alternative for a Fender TBP or Ampeg preamps. I emailed directly to the company and tried to get more info, perhaps a PDF manual, but I got no answer (!)

Has anyone of you ever used this preamp? Is it worth of it's price (799 euros in European webstore = same as TBP-1)? Any other preamp suggestions?

PS. I also emailed to Alembic and asked the same thing about their preamps, but got no answer. Shame, shame...

2. Hi saikkpe,

Exactly same interest for me. I mailed to MSD for Wha Wha pedal. No reply.

So I wrote to Musicstore Köln and they phoned to me an answer in French! Quite nice...

But now I would like Wha Wha + preamp.
    I know MSD products are very good quality, they are built by H.Kurandt who has huge reputation in Germany for Eqs etc...

Waiting for German mates's information...

For Alembic info, make a search or put a line in their forum, there is a bunch of guys very kind whith a lot of knowledge and impressive rigs too...