1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Preamp: Musician Sound Design

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by saikkpe, Mar 1, 2005.

1. saikkpe

saikkpe

Dec 29, 2003
    I'm updating my bassrig and looking for a new tube preamp. I noticed in a webstore (Music Store Cologne) quite cool looking preamp called Space Bass, manufactured by a small German company called Musician Sound Design. It could be a nice alternative for a Fender TBP or Ampeg preamps. I emailed directly to the company and tried to get more info, perhaps a PDF manual, but I got no answer (!)

Has anyone of you ever used this preamp? Is it worth of it's price (799 euros in European webstore = same as TBP-1)? Any other preamp suggestions?

PS. I also emailed to Alembic and asked the same thing about their preamps, but got no answer. Shame, shame...

2. Hi saikkpe,

Exactly same interest for me. I mailed to MSD for Wha Wha pedal. No reply.

So I wrote to Musicstore Köln and they phoned to me an answer in French! Quite nice...

But now I would like Wha Wha + preamp.
    I know MSD products are very good quality, they are built by H.Kurandt who has huge reputation in Germany for Eqs etc...

Waiting for German mates's information...

For Alembic info, make a search or put a line in their forum, there is a bunch of guys very kind whith a lot of knowledge and impressive rigs too...