1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Preamp PCB size

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by @war, Feb 29, 2008.

1. @war

@war

Feb 29, 2008
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Endorsing Artist: Cort basses and Hartke Amps
    Hi all!
    I want to install a Mighty Mite preamp in my Soundgear 6, but I'm not sure it would fit into the cavity, as the PCB looks pretty large.
    Can anyone provide me with the physical size of the preamp?
    Also, the battery pack is on the PCB, and my bass has a seperate battery compartment. Is there any way of taking the battery section off of the preamp board, and running wires to my battery compartment?

If all these options fail, does anyone know of a decent, well-priced preamp I could buy?

Thanks a million!

2. saxofunk

saxofunk

Jul 25, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    That's the stock preamp in my Toby Deluxe, I can get measurements this evening. I'll also look into the battery clip - it's part of the board but some precise work with an Exacto saw might fix that.

3. saxofunk

saxofunk

Jul 25, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    6" x 3 1/8" if it were a perfect rectangle. The part of the board supporting the battery clip can be removed without affecting the circuit, mine is perforated so it would be quite easy. Removing that portion of the board cuts the overall length to 4 3/4".