1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Preamp pedal DI for ABG

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by keith1r, Mar 10, 2021.

1. keith1r

keith1r Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Does anyone know if there are specific Preamp pedal DI’s for an acoustic bass or one that would be good for it?
    I have a Tone hammer DI and a Sans amp Vt preamp but they don’t seem “clean” enough.
    I have a Godin A4 fretless which is very loud and another ABG.
    Don’t know if I should just use a regular direct box or a preamp DI

2. I use this for my Electric upright (along with a compressor and reverb) as well as my banjo and have been quite happy with it from a functionality, tone and price perspective. I don't care that it is a Behringer. It works, sounds good and and no one will be able to tell that it's not a $300 pedal.

Behringer ADI21 V-Tone Acoustic Driver DI Pedal

ADI21-large.jpg

3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    Either an Empress Para EQ if you are comfortable with manual EQ, or a Grace Alix/Felix.

Once I figured out how to use parametric with a narrow Q setting to carve out the ugly feedback prone frequencies for ABG, that was all I needed.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021