1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Preamp pedal for Epiphone thunderbird classic IV PRO

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lanier_LS, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Lanier_LS

Lanier_LS

Feb 10, 2018
    Hi guys, I’m new here Need some advice for my Epiphone Thunderbird Classic IV PRO and I’m using Ibanez 5150 speaker combo amp. Wanted to know which preamp pedal is best suited for this set up? Is it necessary to have preamp pedal? Tia!

2. bassmachine2112

bassmachine2112

Mar 23, 2008
    Hiho,I have an Epiphone T-bird pro 4 as well as other basses.I use a preamp pedal/s all the time.Try out a Behringer BDI21 lots of love for these cheap pedals and a good start for pedal use and doubles as a DI box as well.I got mine over 10 years ago s/g and hundreds of gigs later still going strong.A great cheap pedal that does the job.

Lanier_LS likes this.
  3. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    bassmachine2112 makes an excellent point. Great choice for a DI box and it costs the same as a pack of strings.

Here's what I'm using after I gave mine to a friend.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    Lanier_LS likes this.
  4. Lanier_LS

Lanier_LS

Feb 10, 2018
    Cool! I got the vintage sunburst 4 strings. Thanks bassmachine2112! Really appreciate it! I’ll check that out!

5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Available through amazon, of course.
    154y53p.

Lanier_LS likes this.
  6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    It's quite a dark sounding bass so a bit of overdrive works wonders to bring it to life. I've had good results pairing mine with a VT Bass DI, the Behringer one mentioned is a good alternative on a budget.

Lanier_LS likes this.
  7. Lanier_LS

Lanier_LS

Feb 10, 2018
    Thanks dannybuoy!