Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Preamp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bonzai, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    This has stumped me for a couple days, maybe you guys can help me out. I wanna run a live rig with an Eden Navigator Preamp, Stewart Audio Poweramps and an Alesis Studio 12R Mixer along with some other components. But where I'm stumped is I wanna run multiple basses (3 or 4) per gig through the Eden Preamp. How would I go about doing this? I know that most times guys run the Preamp into the mixer but I'm stumped as to how I will get multiple basses running through one preamp then into the mixer?? I know this maybe confused sounding but thats because I'm confused!! :) Thanks alot for everyones help.

2. I think you'll get more responses in Amps

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Run multiple basses to the mixer, then send the mixer out (main, aux, whatever) to the Eden rig.

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

Use the Raven Labs MDB-1 - three inputs that you can use to balance the output of the basses, a DI and each bass can be switched in and out! VERY uncolored, also.

Dan K.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Are you talking about using multiple bases at once?

If tyou just wanna use them one at a time, hit the mute switch and swap the cord form one bass to another.

Peace
    Nick