Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Preamp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lam90, Mar 25, 2003.

1. lam90

lam90

Jan 21, 2003
    Hey guys, I'd like to know about Bellari preamps I desire tube fatty warmth...I was wondering would they work on the same principle of an Avalon but much cheaper? I want to play funk, fusion, jazz and other types. I would match it with a QSC power amp and wayne jones cabs.....How does this sound?

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Why buy a mike preamp when there are plenty of great tube bass preamps out there?

If you're going with Wayne Jones cabs you obviously aren't pinching pennies here.

3. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Mic preamps are cleaner IMO. You start with an emptier 'sonic pallete' with which to work.

:bassist:

4. lam90

lam90

Jan 21, 2003
    Why buy a mike preamp when there are plenty of great tube bass preamps out there?

Reason being because I have heard so many good things about the big Avalon preamp....But it costs something like USD$2500 or something like that!!!! That makes it like AUD$4500 - I cant afford that, and I thought the Bellari would be a cheaper alternative....