1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Preamp sell-off... ampeg, gk, trace, ISP, BBE

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Envincibal, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Envincibal

Envincibal Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    Here goes:
    Ampeg SVP Pro (manual: http://www.ampeg.com/manuals/svp-pro.pdf): $375 SOLD
    BBE BMAX-T (manual: http://www.bbesound.com/products/manuals/BMAXT_manual_rev3.pdf) $275 - SOLD
    GK 2001rbp (manual: http://www.gallien-krueger.com/wp-content/uploads/2001RB-2001RBP.pdf) $235 SOLD
    Trace Elliot V-Type pre (http://www.britishaudioservice.com/inst/V-Type.pdf) $350 SOLD
    ISP BETA Bass (previous TalkBass posts: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/isp-technologies-beta-bass-preamplifier-469766/) $350 SOLD

I know quite a few users of the SVP Pro have experienced quite a bit of noise from the unit, but I had changed out the tubes (there are MANY threads here on TB, and I don’t remember the one I followed), and the noise is minimal and more importantly the tone improved substantially. I’d have to open it up to look at what I have in there (give me a day or so). The only issue that I am aware of is that two of the EQ sliders are broken (they are still accessible and are working). When I first received the unit, I had an issue where the sound was non-existent, even though the unit was receiving power, and it seems that these preamps suffer from cold solder joints, that was the issue in this case and was fixed (that was about 18 months ago, and no drop outs since then).

On the BMAX, the only thing I changed was the tube to a less aggressive one (the stock BMAX-T’s have a very sensitive input, and it was I either change the tube or do some soldering on the main board – the tube remedy worked perfectly).

GK… it’s the GK sound in a single rack-space preamp (well, most of the tone, as I would think part of the total GK tone comes from the power section as well). The preamp is full functional (both channels work perfectly).

Trace V-Type… based on the Fender tone stack (from what I gather from everything I’ve read, and how the controls respond), and its one of these preamps that just sounds really good. Some of the plastic on the bottom of the bass and volume knobs is missing (you probably will never see it), but everything functions perfectly.

ISP – I’m still on the fence about this one… check out some of the posts here on TB – it is a very underrated preamp, and very versatile. I think Tom Bowlus summed it up perfectly “It is certainly clean, but also very full and authoritative”. The bass control is boost only, even though the control shows +/-. There is a lot of features, none of it low-budget stuff.

I’m selling off these preamps because I am no longer using them (just using my Carvin BX500 with either my Sansamp BDDI or my Darkglass B7K) in an effort to reduce the size of my rig.

Pics to come later today…

All prices including shipping in the CONUSA. PayPal is fine.

Jon

2. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    Sale pending on the ISP...

3. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    ISP is gone... bump to the top while taking a break from some home repairs

4. dudu

dudu

Nov 1, 2013
    London, UK
    PM sent.

5. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    PM sent on the 2001RBP

6. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    Full rack & broken eq sliders on Ampeg

Attached Files:

7. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    GK & Trace

Attached Files:

8. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    SVP & BBE

Attached Files:

9. I'll take the sip pro if is still available.

10. Ok, auto correct is a pain in the butt. The svp pro!

11. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    The GK has been sold.

12. Dammit!!!!!!I wanted that!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    :bassist:

14. You suck, dude. Congrats. You scored.

15. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Thanks :) Will be putting this in a rack with my Fusion 550 so I can have both tube and solid state GK preamps on tap.....free bump

16. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    SVP is sold!

17. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    Trace is gone via the bay

18. Envincibal

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    $225 today only - I'm already shipping out one item today, so lets make it worth the trip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.