Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Preamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DubDubs, Aug 25, 2004.

1. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What's a good low price preamp?" I was looking at the BBE B-Max solid state is that any good, or are there better ones for the same price?

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Don't laugh, but one of my favorite preamps is the ART Tube Channel. It offers a very clean sound and is very flexible.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i havent played the bbe but bass player gave it a good review (if that means anything anymore) :rolleyes:
    i'm not sure how much one of those goes for, so i cant comment on other ones.
    There are always good used deals on here, bassgear, and occasionally e-bay too.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    We're fortunate to have a great resource available for these decisions: Give www.basstasters.com a look-see . . .

5. I've heard good things about the Bmax but I haven't tried one. Do yourself a favor and contact riksmusic.com They are asking $240 for one last time I checked.

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    if the bbe pre amp, is anything like the bbe maximizer, in quality wise, its a good bet.

the ampeg svt pre amp is rocking.

as well as the pedal/rack mount version of the sans amp bass driver is good, that is an awesome pre amp.

7. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Props to the BDDI!

I heard it matched up with an SVT-CL last week. Seemed like a weird combination... but it sounded sweet. I cant wait to pick up an RBI :hyper: