Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

preamps and amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brian v2.0, Oct 28, 2003.

1. hi, i'm new here and not sure if there has been a thread for this or not. if so feel free to redirect me to that thread.

that said, i'm entertaining the idea of moving to a seperate preamp and amp. I want something that has plenty of headroom. My current head is an eden and i love the tone shaping in it so i'm leaning toward the eden wp100.

Anyone played a demeter, i'd like to try one but there are no dealers in cincinnati.

thanks for any input you can give. :bassist:

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Listen to as many amps as you can find. The first thing you need to do is determine what you like and what you don't like. Visit music stores. Listen to local bands and find out what they use. Do everything you can to find the sound that pleases you. Otherwise you are doomed to be like the rest of us and buy and sell preamps as if they were trading cards.

Best of luck on your search,
    Bob

3. Welcome! As far as preamps comparisons go, our own Vanselus has done an incredible job over at BassTasters. It's a VERY good place to get started on your plan.

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    hey, thanks! :D

5. It's YOUR fault that I'm playing through a DB680 now (thank you). Your site is an excellent resource nonetheless.

:cool:

You're welcome!