1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Preamps to pair with Sadowsky HC?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Scott Baiowulf, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    Looking for a preamp in the $150 range to pair with a set of Sadowsky humcanceling jazz pickups. I got these pickups to put in my Lakland DJ-4, but I re-installed the stock ones while waiting for them to arrive and am really happy with the sound, so I'm thinking of building up a new active jazz bass.

2. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    carrots

3. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    20180921_103104. 20180921_103206. 20180921_103226. 20180921_103255. Is your bass three knob or four? And do you have top or side mount output jack.

4. JohnMalay

JohnMalay

Oct 23, 2018
    New Jersey
    I put active EQ into an old Mex J-bass (using stock pups) and there was a noticeable improvement. It really came alive. Mine was a 4-knob model, so volume, pan, bass, mid, treble. Bit of a squeeze but it's doable. Probably sound even better with upgraded pickups, plus I'm still working on the neck and I want to put a Hipshot drop D tuner on it.

I think you'll like it.

Scott Baiowulf likes this.
  5. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    What model did you use?

6. JohnMalay

JohnMalay

Oct 23, 2018
    New Jersey
    Fender. I have a very deep and very poorly organized parts bin with stuff going back so far even I don't remember where some of it came from.

And I misremembered: it's a 2-band EQ, not a 3.

Scott Baiowulf likes this.