Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

preamps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davetsbass, Apr 6, 2001.

1. davetsbass

davetsbass Guest

Mar 24, 2001
    burnt hills NY
    i have enough power to keep everything i need pumping all night long but i only have four tone controls.. the treble/mid/mid frequency and bass and liek wo sope thingies.. what im wonderin gis if i get a preamp can i just shott that through like one of te many inputs?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Less slang and more info might be helpful.
    You can put it in your amp's instrument input, but the real way to go is plugging the preamp out of the preamp into the line or the FX return of your amp.

3. davetsbass

davetsbass Guest

Mar 24, 2001
    burnt hills NY
    haha yea sorry about that yea i have a pre amp out with i think its power amp in or soemting liek that.. so yea would that all i have to do to use a preamp?

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    No, amp is plug you have into power bass frequency liek thingies to keeppreamp pumping!

Hope that clears things up.

5. Hey man lay off him he's from New Yawk ;)

|edit|Anyway, sure I'm pretty sure you just plug the preamp into the poweramp in. Or, if you wanted to upgrade everything you can get a separate preamp and poweramp (which are the same things in your amp except in the same enclosure).

And please use spell check (or pay attention in English class) and the Search globe at the top of the page.|edit|