1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Preamps...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gear_Junky, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Gear_Junky

Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    I bought another ART Tube MP and a couple of Levelars (tube compressor) the other day. Then I got overwhelmed with all the wires running on the floor, the MP's clip light wouldn't turn to yellow or red, even though the signal was clipping, so I returned it all and I'll sell my old used Tube MP. I want to build a rack for recording.

Anyway, I noticed this new product: Presonus Blue Tube mic preamp (stereo). Does anybody have experiences with it? I really like the layout - controls and inputs on the front instead of top - you can actually put this in a rack, better readouts and it's only $149 at SamAsh for 2 preamps (in one box).

What do you think?

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I think you have the right name [​IMG]

3. Try a bass preamp for recording, microphone preamps are ok but you will find more basslike things on a dedicated bass preamp or direct box, not to mention a better electrical match. (thats my 2cents)

------------------
    Carl

4. Gear_Junky

Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    I'm sorry, I didn't specify that, but I am looking at a versatile mic/instrument preamp rather than just bass preamp. I hav SansAmp Bass DI for that. I know it's offtopic a bit, but I thought that many people here do more than just bass recording. Thanks.