Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gear_Junky, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    I bought another ART Tube MP and a couple of Levelars (tube compressor) the other day. Then I got overwhelmed with all the wires running on the floor, the MP's clip light wouldn't turn to yellow or red, even though the signal was clipping, so I returned it all and I'll sell my old used Tube MP. I want to build a rack for recording.

Anyway, I noticed this new product: Presonus Blue Tube mic preamp (stereo). Does anybody have experiences with it? I really like the layout - controls and inputs on the front instead of top - you can actually put this in a rack, better readouts and it's only $149 at SamAsh for 2 preamps (in one box).

What do you think?
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I think you have the right name [​IMG]
  3. Try a bass preamp for recording, microphone preamps are ok but you will find more basslike things on a dedicated bass preamp or direct box, not to mention a better electrical match. (thats my 2cents)

4. Gear_Junky

Jul 11, 2000
    I'm sorry, I didn't specify that, but I am looking at a versatile mic/instrument preamp rather than just bass preamp. I hav SansAmp Bass DI for that. I know it's offtopic a bit, but I thought that many people here do more than just bass recording. Thanks.