1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Precision Bass Aluminum Pickguard Shield - Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Groover, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Does anyone here use those '62 Precision Bass Thin Aluminum Pickguard Shield under their P bass pickgaurds?

If so, do they help with cleaning some of the buzzing, and also... does this thing keep the pickaurd from sitting flush on the body?

Side view pics would be great of anyone has the time.

Thanks!

2. Bump!

3. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    I guess I should answer my own question... lol

I ended up installing this shield on a 77 Precision bass. It does clean-up the buzz especially when the instrument gets closer to amp (my amp causes my bass to buzz if I get to close to it, facing it with my bass)

The shield is cut about 1/16" smaller than my pickgaurd, so it does not show from the edges. I did have to dremmel it a little on one side, as there was an edge showing.

That said, it's a good thing to add IME.

4. Thanks mate! I don't really want to shield all the cavities (not that I can't, I'm just too lazy), so sounds like this might clean it up at least a little bit.