1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Precision Bass Body Vintage White

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by denton57, Jan 18, 2017.

1. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Price:
    I just picked up a great parts bass, but I do not need the body. I have been told this could possibly be an 80's Japan P body, but I have no idea if it is or isn't. Beautiful vintage white color with some dings here and there. Weight is 5lbs 3oz.

$140 shipped CONUS

IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0220.JPG

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  2. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I have a bridge that I'll put on it to sweeten the deal! This has a very nice faded Oly White color.

3. SilGarzaJr

SilGarzaJr SilGarzaJr

Mar 28, 2012
    North Texas
    Smoking deal for a Pbass body without the crazy route from pup to control cavity!

GLWTS BUMP!!

4. Any idea of what wood the body is?

5. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I don't know. It doesn't appear to be basswood based on that grain, but I am unsure.

6. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    If the neck plate (if you still have it) looks like this............then it is an early MIJ Fender.

4480848417_833bba5409_o.

7. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    It came as a parts bass with a 1969 Fender plate

8. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    I can't say what your P Bass body is or is not.................but I have seen several MIJ bass neck pockets and they've looked like this.............(I think that P B stands for Placid Blue.)

Yours is an exciting looking body with excellent light relic..............it is tempting me greatly!
    [​IMG]

seang15 likes this.
  9. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    Yeah it has a real nice shade of Oly white going on!

11. No! It stands for P Bass. All MIJ bodies and necks are marked PB or PJ and a model number. Sometimes the stamp is quit small so look closely! The 562 will relate to year or factory. This body in presented here is NOT a MIJ fender. Sorry it-s value is limited if your unable to define the maker! We are fortunate that Fender Japan including Fugi Gen, always stamp the main parts. Makes it harder for forgers to con people. The Fender site for Japan is extremely interesting and educational. Having been cheated once all I can say is. If you need a bass body cheap. New bodies on Ebay are around $70 or 60 Euros. Dont pay more unless stamping is clear. Good Luck!