1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Precision Bass Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Edb, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edb

Edb

Feb 13, 2010
    St. Louis
    SOLD!

Not sure if this one is genuine or not...:eyebrow: I bought this on E-bay where it was described as a USA Fender P Neck. That's what it says on the headstock too. However, the serial number was sanded off (I put a sticker in that spot) and the letter "F" in the Fender decal has a slight wrinkle in it (see close-up pic).
    It could possibly be a "B" stock Fender neck from the factory. Don't quote me on that, but I've heard that sometimes they will sand off serial numbers and offer "B-stock" products when they make mistakes like that. Honestly, I have no way of knowing. It sure feels like a USA Fender.
    There are multiple screw holes for tuners. Some have been filled with wood filler. Great neck, just don't know for sure if it's an original or not

$99 shipped in the CONUS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

$99 shipped in the CONUS

2. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    AFAIK - It's not a MIA Standard Fender neck, at least not one from last 15 years or so.

3. screaminglucy

screaminglucy

Jul 20, 2009
    TX, USA
    The truss rod access at the headstock and the skunk stripe make me think it's not an MIA but I'm certainly no expert

4. jakelly

jakelly Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2009
    It probably is an early Highway 1 USA neck, pre-2006. They were essentially identical to the Mexican Fender necks except for logo and serial number series. In fact, the USA version would have had the serial # on the back of the headstock, the Mex on the front.

5. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I'll take it

6. Edb

Edb

Feb 13, 2010
    St. Louis
    On hold pending payment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.