Precision Bass Replacement Pickups- Some Common, Some Very Rare (Velvet Hammer!!)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by squarewave, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    ALL HAVE BEEN SOLD

Hi-

I've had many P-basses over the past 20 years, and now it's time to sell some of the replacement PU's I've tried. There are 4 of them. Keep scrolling so you don't miss the holy grail at the bottom of the post.

-----------------------------------------------------------

First up is a very cool cream-colored Dimarzio Model P. I'd like $45 shipped for these:

IMG_0947.gif

IMG_0950.gif

------------------------------------------------------------

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Next up is a mid '80's Seymour Duncan Active P-bass APB-1set. This is the set with the 3 dip switches on the top (see photos). They sound great, and are very versatile. They show almost no wear, since they sat in my closet for 15 years. I'll send a wiring diagram to the buyer. I think $65 shipped sounds fair for these. Let me know what you think.

Here is what SD says about them- "Active EQ Bass pickups produce the cleanest signal possible from a bass guitar for a hi-tech sound. A 9V battery runs a small pre-amp that's built inside the pickup. With less wire and lower impedance, the signal comes through well defined, without noise or coloration. Three EQ switches shift the resonant frequency so you can vary the tone of this versatile pickup from warm to bright and in between."

IMG_0952.gif

IMG_0954.gif

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
    Next is the very popular Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-2 "Hot for P-Bass" pickup. I'd like $45 shipped for these.

IMG_0956.gif

IMG_0958.gif

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
    And, finally, the rarest P-Bass replacement pickup of all time. This is the Velvet Hammer. I got this set from Juan Alderete of The Mars Volta in a trade deal for a '62 PU he needed. He had them in a bass, but I haven't installed them. They were made by Red Rhodes. This is the only Velvet Hammer P-bass set I've ever seen. If anyone has information on these, I'd really like to learn more about them. Please post or PM what you know. SOLD

IMG_0970.gif

IMG_0968.gif

Thanks for looking. Bumps are always helpful. PM or post your questions. Be sure to check out my feedback.

2. PM'd

3. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    The Velvet Hammer has been sold and is on the way to the happy new owner. . The others are still available.

4. pm sent on spb-2 . . .

5. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    SPB-2 sold to the Heathen. That leaves the Active Seymour Duncan and the cream-colored Dimarzio. Who wants them?

6. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    APB-1 sold. Only the DMarzio remains.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.