1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Precision Bass Wiring Harness?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by philzbass, Nov 23, 2018.

1. 0DCBD627-EAED-48AA-9EFF-15BA991064E4.
    I admit, I am not very knowledgeable with this stuff, but I bought this wiring harness for a P bass project I am working on and am confused about what the third long black wire coming off the jack is for. I don’t see this on any diagrams I’ve looked at. What is this wire for?

2. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Connect to ground on the bass.

3. So, I run that to the back of the bridge?

4. Yes. Should be for the bridge ground. If there is already a solidly connected wire to the bridge, trim that one down and solder them together. Don't forget the shrink tubing.

If there's no wire, run that to the back of the bridge. If you have some shielding tape, put a square of that on the body, put the wire on top of the tape, install the bridge.

PawleeP likes this.
  5. Awesome! Thank you so much! I thought that’s what it was but wasn’t 100% sure, and I didn’t want to just assume.