1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Precision body, Jazz neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lacatts, Apr 14, 2006.

1. I love my Jazz bass' neck. But I love my P-bass' pickups, tone controls, body shape, pick-up placement.
    Needless to say I'd love to have a bass that incorporates both. Is such a thing available? Where? How much?
    Thanking all you bassists for your help. I'll be checking back frequently.:help:

2. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005
    Lot's of guys have put jazz bass necks on pbass bodies, I'm prettys sure they fit fine. The new versions of the lackland Duck Dunn bass are also pretty much a pbass with a jazz neck.

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    That's an easy one! Lakland. Take a look at the Duck Dunn Signature P-bass. You can have it in USA or Skyline (Korea) versions. It just depends how much you have to spend.

www.lakland.com

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Precision and Jazz bass necks are interchangable. Personally, I really like Jazz basses with Precision necks myself.

We could be friends ;)

5. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    P-bass special???

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Bass/Electric?sku=515201

"The Fender Deluxe P Bass Special 4-String Bass has a Jazz neck, a P Bass body, and a P/J combination pickup array with Vintage Noiseless pickups and active electronics. The P body is a little smaller and lighter, the J neck slimmer and faster, and the combined pickups give you just that much more to play with. A gold-anodized pickguard sets the Deluxe P Bass apart visually, and its satin-finish neck feels worn in from the get-go."

Only $559.99 at "The Fiend"..

6. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    G&L SB-2. If you don't want the brdge pup, you can find a used G&L SB-1.

sb2-pearlwhite.

7. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    +1 Get the SB-2 you won't be sorry. I picked one up a few months ago, and absolutely LOVE it. I typically play a '75 RI Jazz, but wanted a "P", and this is definitely what I was looking for. The necks are amazing, and the tone on my SB-2 is unreal!

8. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    yes jazz bass necks in p basses are serious, i have a p/j special and the jazz neck is great. after going from a strait up stock p bass as my first guitar to current squeze the change was very beneficial. for my next bass id acutally like to get a fretless jazz bass with a p neck, wonder if thats strange?

9. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    You just described my latest. Jazz necks with P-bodies are pretty common.