1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

precision bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by loaf, Jun 4, 2011.

1. loaf

loaf

Jan 14, 2007
    Hi there - anyone got a link to an image of a fender precision bridge - from the back so I can see how they're generally set? thanks in advance..

2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    "So I can see how they're generally set"... sorry, don't have a clue what you're looking for. Don't know what you mean by "generally set".

3. john grey

john grey

Apr 19, 2011
    Oracle, Arizona
    Here:
    Fender Parts
    Check out what you need. Many of the listed parts can fairly decent pic so you'll see the screw holes.

4. If you are wondering how to set the saddles search for "intonation".

5. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    visually, the saddles should fall in line something like this (for a righty):

bassbridge.

taper-core strings will intonate differently (thanks, riis!) as they're more flexible at the contact point.

6. Also I've just learned that Fender offers a slightly heavier optional bridge for their body through strung basses. The option of stringing on top if heavier gauged strings such as flats are prefered. I guess they've been out for a while now but I'm just learning about newer options related to gear. If your doing a set up and have no experience doing it I suggest going to a pro with knowledge to incorperate the intonation and nut adjustment when tuning your bass and then refining it to suit your needs. Its well worth a few dollars and you'll gain some great experience. Doc