1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Precision neck on a jazz bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by suggs137, May 23, 2012.

1. suggs137

suggs137

Sep 30, 2011
    Hey I'm about to buy a Matt freeman signature precision bass neck on eBay to put on my squier vintage modified jazz bass. Will it fit? Will it have be sanded down or modded at all to fit? Will I have any problems?

2. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    It should be a perfect fit. I put a squier "P" Bass neck on my modded SX Jazz body and it went on with no issues. Then I put a Squier Jazz neck on a MIM "P" body.

3. suggs137

suggs137

Sep 30, 2011
    Were you satisfied with the switch? Did you install it yourself?

4. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
  5. bassplayer9512

bassplayer9512 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    I just took the neck off my highway one p bass to put on my jazz bass, I love it. Also the jazz neck on a p bass is killer. I put a wenge neck with ebony board on my highway p bass and it is the best bass tone i have heard come from my hands.

6. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I gots a jazz neck on my P build. Fit fine for me. Not a super tight pocket fit, but it still sustains like it would normally.