1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Precision Pickguards - Gold Anodized and W/B/W US P-Deluxe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by slap2much, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slap2much

slap2much Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Price Drop!

A couple of P-Bass pickguards, first is a gold anodized one with additional holes drilled for the pickup cover and thumbrest. Looks new, holes and cutouts are close but not exactly on with a Squier P. Not sure of other types as that's the only kind I have at the moment...SOLD.

Next is a stock pickguard from an American Precision Deluxe. It's w/b/w, 3-ply. The guard has aged a bit so it's closer to 'vintage' than true white. Shielded on the back, a little wear by the truss cutout but overall in good shape. Note that these are for 22 fret necks so are NOT a drop-in replacement on a typical P. $25 shipped.

PICT0186.

PICT0187.

2. BillyRay

BillyRay Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Quebec
    When you say close, how close is it (to the Squier p?) ? Could the cutouts work out with a bit of filing ? I don't really care about drilling new holes, but the shape would need to work.

3. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Should fit with a slight bit of filing. Slightly relocating the P pickup mounting holes would save you some of that work. The hole pattern looks to be a match for a '57 reissue P, don't have a USA to test fit but I'd bet that would line up pretty well.

4. slap2much

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Gold anodized guard is sold -- and another price drop on the Precision Deluxe...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.